Sunday, July 12, 2009

It sinks in: some Reflections

I sit, listening to Slavic Soul Party and reading Marianne Williamson, and for the first time the quote hits, sinks in and I feel that I have truly been liberated from my own fears.

I now realize that by doing so and acting/being comfortable with myself, I gave the youth at HCCS permission to do the same.

They taught me life lessons in understanding and patience. I am full of and bursting with love.

The safety, support and openness I felt with the team allowed full expression of emotions and thoughts. Something I feel and hope we taught and encouraged in the youth and our audiences.

What a remarkable week of performances,
of growth,
of love,
passion,
patience, excitement, laughter, shouts, dancing, a few tears and warm hugs,
overwhelming encouragement.

I have a new lease on art, life and existence.

I have no doubt in my mind that we are powerful creatures of change and have set wheels in motion.

Life is blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment