Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Chance

Tonight, as I relayed stories of the program to my dearest teacher, mentor and friend I found myself saying a simple phrase.

"For me, it's about giving them a chance"

That's it. To provide opportunities, different paths and choices to those who otherwise may have never experienced such things. It can be the most minute change or revelation that occurs, but just a chance to experience it is all that matters.

I found myself realizing the hardships of the Detroit community and contemplating ways to create change - to offset the balance and allow new growth to occur.

So here it is: I have found citizens and artists in the Detroit area who are open and dedicated to helping, and making a difference. We will continue bringing arts programming to the youth of Detroit. We will give them a chance

No comments:

Post a Comment